Thursday, July 13, 2006

One more diaper option to consider

It's always been a cloth versus disposable debate. Now, it's a cloth verus disposable versus flushable. I'm an environmentally conscious person. Being a good steward of our planet is important to me. When Amira was born, I used cloth diapers. I had a great diaper service and it worked pretty well. As she got older, it began to work not as well. We had a harder and harder time having them fit well and preventing messes... and when we were out and about and traveling - they were a downright burden for me. So, I compromised and used disposables when we traveled or were away from the home for a long time.

Then came a vacation when we were away for a little over a week. When we got back, I "couldn't" go back to the cloth diapers. And then I did it, I compromised my own feelings and switched to disposables. Sigh. I still feel guilty about it if I think about it too long.

Well, today, learned about gDiapers! Like my beloved Amby, and Amira's beloved The Wiggles... these are from Australia. gDiapers are a disposable diaper that you flush. It's sort of a hybrid of cloth and disposables.



From their website:

Imagine taking your baby's soiled diaper and simply flushing it down the toilet. No more smell. No more diaper. No more diaper pail. You’re putting waste right where it belongs, in the toilet. Not in a landfill. That’s exactly how gDiapers work.

gDiapers are a two-part system. The flushable inner refill fits into a pair of colorful ‘little g’ pants. When the flushable becomes soiled, simply flush it down the toilet. gDiapers have no elemental chlorine, perfumes, smell, garbage or guilt. It's that easy.

gDiapers. Fashion and function on one cute bum.

I'm kinda geeked out on this, I have to admit. I just got my order today. I'll let you know what I think of them... but if you can't wait to check these out... you can order them online at their site - or they have a list of locations where they can be found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home