Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Drink Tea!

Green tea's rep keeps getting better and better. A study out of China shows that drinking tea helps protect against bile stones (did you know we could get bile stones?) and cancer. In this study, this was especially true for women. A cup of tea every day for six months -- cut the risk of gallbladder cancer by 44 percent, bile duct cancer by more than a third and bile stones by 27 percent. (Men derived similar benefits from tea, just not nearly as much as women did.)

Green tea research has shown that its health benefits include helping and healing:

* Atherosclerosis
* High cholesterol
* Cancer, including bladder, breast, colorectal, esophageal, lung, pancreatic, prostate, skin and stomach.
* Inflammatory bowel disease
* Diabetes
* Liver disease
* Weight loss (by improving fat metabolism)
* Cognitive impairment/Alzheimer's

I've never been much of a tea drinker until I discovered these guys. Now, I'm a positive addict. The company is Pure Inventions. It's not cheap (about $30/bottle - around 50 cents a glass)... but I don't care. I will pay for this addiction the way most people pay for their mocha addictions. I love it! My favorite flavors are peach, tropical, and raspberry (in that order). I'm still waiting to try the piƱa colada flavor. Yum, yum, and yum!

(Google search on the health benefits of green tea)

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home